1. The blog lottery is open to ALL writers — students, professionals, published or unpublished authors.
2. The contest is sponsored by ReadersMagnet LLC, a self-publishing company that runs the Authors’ Lounge website.
3. The winner will be identified through an electronic lottery after the submission period ends.
4. The contest will run from May 20 to June 20, 2019. The winners will be announced through the Authors’ Lounge website and ReadersMagnet social media not later than June 22, 2019.
5. ReadersMagnet will inform the winner through phone call.
6. The contestants are to blog on the theme “Best Practices in Writing”.
Submission of Entries:
1. Each participant is allowed to submit multiple entries. Submit more entries for more chances of winning.
2. Participants must register online at the Authors’ Lounge’s official website (Registration page). New users will be required to register.
3. ReadersMagnet LLC will only accept entries submitted online through the Authors’ Lounge website.
4. Submit your entry following the guidelines below.
Guidelines for Entries:
1. The blog entries must be in English.
2. All entries must be grammatically sound and conform to standards of good English.
3. The blog post must be at least 700 words.
4. The blog may either tell stories or express an opinion.
5. The topic can be anything about “Best Practices in Writing.”
6. Submit the article under the ‘Blog Lottery’ category.
7. Entries containing dirty, foul and offensive language are subject to immediate disqualification.
8. The article must be original. References can be used but content from sources other than the participant must be clearly marked throughout the submission and properly cited.
9. Participants must be of legal age at the time of submission of their entry. Minors must have parental consent.
10. The ReadersMagnet LLC reserves the right to research and verify eligibility of any entrants.
Blog entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern T
• ReadersMagnet LLC reserves the right to reject an entry in its sole discretion if the content of the blog violates the policies, procedures, or guidelines of the World Bank Group, or, in the sole discretion of the ReadersMagnet LLC, is inappropriate or unsuitable for publication by the ReadersMagnet LLC.
• Employees of ReadersMagnet LLC are disqualified from joining the contest.
• By entering the contest, participants agree that they release the ReadersMagnet LLC from any claims based on the contest, and grant the ReadersMagnet LLC the following rights to their entry: permission to link to their entered blog post from the Authors’ Lounge website, email newsletters, and social media channels, and to republish their entered blog post on its website, with a link back to the original post. Ownership and authorship will remain with the participants.
• The winner grants the ReadersMagnet LLC the right to the winner’s name and photo (if needed) and information about the winner in connection with the announcement or promotion of the ReadersMagnet LLC’s work related to the contest.
• Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from the competition. Participants agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the ReadersMagnet LLC, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the competition.
• ReadersMagnet LLC will only publish blog posts that meet all the requirements of these Guidelines.
• The ReadersMagnet LLC reserves the rights to edit any blog posts to comply with its editorial and other policies and guidelines.
• The blog entry should not knowingly contain any untrue statements or material that is defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent or intentionally misleading. The blog entry will not knowingly invade any right of privacy or infringe upon any statutory or common law copyright or otherwise violate the rights of any third parties. If the ReadersMagnet LLC determines that there is such “defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent or intentionally misleading” or infringing content after the blog post is selected, the blog post will be taken down and the prize forfeited.