TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
By accessing or using the Site in any manner, including, but not limited to, visiting or browsing the Site or contributing content or other materials to the Site, You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
The Authors’ Lounge by ReadersMagnet will feature up to 10 articles per day. Once an article is submitted, You will receive a notification message. Submitted articles are for review by Site admin prior to publication. You will be notified once articles are published on Authors’ Lounge. ReadersMagnet LLC reserves the right to remove any article published on Authors’ Lounge if there is violation of Terms and Conditions or if We believe the articles do not serve the interest of either or both parties. As a condition of service, ReadersMagnet will allow You to post Your article on Our Site so long as the purpose of usage is within the Terms and Conditions and Article Submission Guidelines set by ReadersMagnet LLC.
Your article includes the text of the Material, in its original form as submitted by You and received by Us during the course of evaluating Your submitted article, its attached images, graphics and other Materials, all owned or authorized to be incorporated into the article. You (and/or the persons You are exclusively authorized to represent in this Agreement) will remain the sole and exclusive owner(s) of all rights, title, and interest, including copyright, in and to your article.
You are allowed to write any topic as long as it is related to Your work as an author, ie. Your book, Your journey as a writer, achievements, latest update among others.
The article will be posted under “Featured Article” and posting will be accommodated based on the order it was received, on a ‘first come, first serve’ principle.
All articles should be written in the English language with a post length between 700 to 1000 words per article. Should there be descriptions and excerpts, it should not exceed more than 320 characters. Additional guidelines must be followed as outlined on Article Submission Guidelines.
Rights, Licenses and Intellectual Property
The Site and its original content, features and functionality are owned by ReadersMagnet LLC and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
Your Submitted Materials must comply with Our Article Submission Guidelines and all applicable laws and regulations. We do not provide any legal advice regarding Your intellectual property rights or other related legal rights with respect to any Submitted Material. If You have questions regarding Your Submitted Materials’ compliance with applicable laws and regulations, such as copyright laws, rights of privacy and publicity, and libel/ defamation, You should consult an attorney for legal advice.
- You are either the sole author and sole owner of all copyrights, or You are exclusively authorized in writing to represent all co-authors owning all copyrights to Your Submitted Materials, or Your Submitted Materials is a work for hire and You own all copyrights in it;
- You are either the owner of or You have secured permission to use any Third-Party Property that You give to Us to include in the Submitted Materials, and You can provide proof if such permission if requested;
- You understand that You are solely responsible for ensuring that Your Submitted Materials comply with all Article Submission Guidelines and applicable laws and regulations at all times;
- Your Submitted Materials do not: (i) infringe on any copyright or other intellectual property rights; (ii) violate any right of privacy, publicity or other personal or property right whatsoever; (iii) contain any libelous matter or matter otherwise contrary to law; (iv) contain a recipe, formula, or instruction that may be injurious to the user; (v) contain any information of a third party deemed private by applicable law (such as social security numbers, dates of birth, or private financial or medical information); or (vi) contain any illegal content such as child pornography or similar materials.
- All statements in Your Submitted Materials asserted as facts are based on Your careful investigation and research for accuracy;
- There have not been and are not now any pending or, to Your knowledge, threatened claims, litigation, or other proceedings pending against You with respect to the content or title of Your Submitted Materials or other claims based on any facts that would constitute a breach of any of Your representations and warranties;
- All information in Your Submitted Materials or that You submit or communicate to Us is accurate; and You will immediately notify Us to update and/or correct any information which becomes inaccurate.
- Author acknowledges and agrees that using this website is are designed to maximize Your and Your book’s publicity, but We do not guarantee results and/or increase in book sales.
During the Term of this Agreement You authorize, consent to and grant to Us and Our Contractors the following:
- The worldwide rights and license to display, exhibit, digitize, license, and otherwise use the information that You provide to Us about You (such as Your name or chosen pen name, image, likeness, appearance, voice, video footage, biographical and personal information, etc.) and information about the article (such as the title, Your description of the article, excerpts and images from the article, etc.), in all materials created by Us or on Our behalf that incorporate any of the information above, in any format and in all media;
Termination and Limitation of Liabilities
We may terminate Your access to the Site, without cause or notice, which may result in the deletion of Your Materials, forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with You.
Limitation of Liability. In no event will We or any of Our employees, representatives, officers, directors, member, managers, owners, agents, attorneys, or contractors be liable to You or to any third-party for any loss of use, revenue, or profit or loss of data or diminution in value, or for any consequential, incidental, indirect, exemplary, special, or punitive damages, whether arising out of copyright infringement, breach of Agreement, tort (including libel and negligence), or otherwise, regardless of whether such damage was foreseeable and whether or not We have been advised of the possibility of such damages, and notwithstanding the failure of any agreed or other remedy of its essential purpose.
This Agreement (and any further rules, polices, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of California, United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
Amendments to the Agreement
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to amend, modify or replace these Terms and Conditions by posting the updated terms on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes Your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions. Please review this Agreement periodically for changes. If You do not agree to any of this Agreement or any changes to this Agreement, do not use, access or continue to access the Site or discontinue any use of the Site immediately.
By registering in the Authors’ Lounge You agree to be contacted by Our agents whether through email or calls for future discussions related to Your submitted article or published work.
If You have any questions about this Agreement, please contact Us.
This Agreement was last modified on January 26, 2019.